Lockdown Cooking: Rasika Dugalâs Banana Bread Recipe
Lockdown Cooking: Rasika Dugal’s Banana Bread Recipe
by Suman Sharma | May 17, 2020, 6:52 PM IST
When health is a top concern, desserts can seem off-limits. But there are several ways to satisfy a sweet tooth without affecting your health goals. Giving us time to ace our baking skills, the lockdown has proved very helpful in making most of us master chefs in the kitchen. And if you’re looking to sweeten things up, Manto actress Rasika Dugal made a healthy and delicious banana bread that you must try at home.
Healthy Banana Bread recipe
Prep time 10 minutes
1 and half cup Oats flour (Made by simply grinding oats in a mixer to a flour texture)
Olive oil. (You can use butter instead of oil)
2-3 very ripe bananas (mashed)
1 large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup Sugar. (you can vary the amount of sugar or bananas and replace sugar with honey)
Pinch of salt.
Method for Orange Sauce
– Stir 2 tsp corn flour into little orange juice and keep aside
- Cook one cup orange juice and 1 tsp sugar on medium flame. (You can adjust sugar according to taste)
- Add 1/2 tsp (you can adjust this quantity too) butter to this and cook some more
- Put on sim and stir in the corn flour and orange juice you set aside
- Cook for a bit while stirring and it’s ready.
(I used orange juice which didn’t have added sugar already. In case you using one which has then you will need to adjust sugar accordingly)
– Preheat the oven to 350 degree and oil a ring tin
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth
- Stir the oil into the mashed bananas
- Mix the baking soda and salt
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract
- Mix in the flour
- Pour the batter into a ring tin
- Put the orange juice in the centre of the batter
- Bake for 50 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes
- Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely. Slice and serve.